How to Find a Target Audience for Facebook Ads?
Before we get started on how to find a target audience for your facebook ads? let’s first get to know what even Facebook ads target audience is?
Your Facebook target audience consists of the people you wish to reach with your advertisement. Facebook lets businesses tailor their ads by choosing user demographics, interests and Behaviors.
So for someone who has almost half of the idea of their average customer, then my friend, you are almost there in finding your target audience. Even if you aren’t that good at selling and promoting a product or service to the customers, you don’t need to worry about that; with proper use, Facebook can prove to be excellent assistance in testing and creating numerous ad targeting methods.
Suggested Read: 5 Amazing Facebook Ads Strategies You Should Go For
3 Things You Need To Know Before Finding Your Target Audience On Facebook.
1. Create a Facebook Business Account
So for some who already have a Facebook business account created, then well and good but for those who don’t. In that case, you have to target your ads, especially if you are considering doing it for more than just one business or with several people in your team.
For someone who wants to create a Facebook business account can follow these simple steps:
- Go to Business Manager
- Choose create account
- Use the prompts to complete the Registration
2. Set Up Tracking Software for Your Facebook Ads
After you are done creating a Facebook business account and how to target the right audience, the second step comes the part where you start exploring the ads manager tool. There are plenty of tools available in the business manager that let you manage and supervise your Facebook market.
Speaking of ads manager, it lets you customize your ad targeting setting and learn how to search your target audience for Facebook ads. If you are planning on getting started, install recommended official software that keeps you updated related to your ad performance.
- You can set Facebook pixel code on your website to track your ad performance.
- Go for Facebook SDK to keep track of your ad performance in a mobile app. You can create Facebook SDK events to check who’s interacting with your ads.
3. Generate Facebook Custom and Lookalike Audiences
Creating a custom audience can get you a breakthrough. It’s also known as remarketing ads. These ads work by targeting an audience who has already come across your business. They can be current and former customers. It helps you re-engage your audience and often push them to convert to potential customers. Facebook Pixels give companies a chance to re-engage leads who already know their brand.
Lookalike audiences are another essential feature of Facebook ads. It lets you target a new audience similar to your current customers. If your ad strategy focuses on creating awareness, then a Lookalike audience is your thing.
How to Find Your Target Audience on Facebook?
Build A Buyer Persona
Speaking of a buyer’s persona, well, it lets you personalize your ads. As a result, people will value your business even more after witnessing your personalized ads. Someone already running a business should be aware of the fact by now about who’s purchasing or using your content. But yet again, you have to work a little hard to get those ideal customers.
- Try to search for people similar to your former audience you are providing services to. Figure out the gender ratio, do the audience respond to your mentioned topic, their whereabouts.
- One of the best ways to figure out your audience is by conducting surveys or FAQs. You can get feedback through emails or make them interact by doing surveys that would get them a gift or voucher in a giveaway campaign.
- Keep an eye out for your competitors, like how are they tackling the same situation you are facing, how they are interacting with the audience.
Facebook audience insight is like a cash cow. You may be thinking that exaggerated term to say for, but it is what it is. Do you want to know why? Well, it’s simple; it provides you with quantitative data about the Facebook users and the people that are connected and with those who aren’t.
Although Audience Insights don’t show everything, it does give you a lot of insight into your Facebook target audience.Insight related to Facebook audience demographics, page likes,locations and activity. Example, Let’s suppose you’re in the product based niche like “Herbal Tea” and you’re targeting people in Singapore. By just choosing “Herbal Tea” for interests and “Singapore” for Location you get plenty of info.
Seek Out Your Email List On Facebook
Engaging subscribers via email is an effective engagement strategy. However, it is sometimes ain’t that good enough. Facebook will be able to match your current list with their users since people register their email addresses with them. Using such a way to find your target audience is useful because it reinforces your messages. Your message has a better chance of getting across to your audience. You can create a Lookalike Audience.
You can create your custom audience; go to your Ads Manager.Then upload your file related to your subscribers and keep in mind to give a name to your audience. Last but not least just sit back and wait for your audience to go.
Try Out Different Posts
These are the following steps you need to follow while posting on Facebook,
- You want to grab your audience’s attention well, it’s not that much rocket science, but you have to be strategic while posting. You have to think “outside of the box.” Like, putting out different posts, motivational quotes, and blogs on the latest trending topics, memes, or videos.
- Another step you can do is to go to the insights section and check out your already posted content and how they are performing. You can observe the post’s engagement level and may get to notice a pattern in your posts. For Example, your video related post get’s more comments and likes compared to images.
In the end, every business desires an audience with an interest related to them. Searching for the right audience for your business, product, service, or blog is necessary. Why? Well, it will not just save your time and efforts but be a lesser burden on your pockets! For that reason, you don’t need to stress because Facebook gives you endless opportunities for precise targeting. As you get a grip of the advanced features, you’ll get the confidence to reach your target audience.
Don’t hold back, try experimenting with different types of Facebook Ad target audiences, try mixing them up and optimize your campaigns.
Get the TurboAnchor® newsletter
Get smarter with the latest news, tutorials and consultation on technology.